Thursday, April 29, 2010

Spoken Word Night

Well group. Are you ready to go public with your pieces?

I spoke with Pierre and he's happy to host us on a Friday night. He just needs notice.

Because there are so many of us and consensus might be difficult on a date, I will post some options. If you have a preference of one of these dates let me know and if you cannot make any of them let me know in the comments section of this blog entry.

Friday May 21st
Friday May 28th
Friday June 4th

If any or all of these dates are good for you, let us know (the next meeting is Tuesday May11th) or you can place your vote on the poll to the left.

10 comments:

  1. wow this could happen eh. thanks again for contacting the Bean Tree.
    May 28th or June 4th works for me.
    Not sure if I have written anything that should go beyond our walls,but will be there to support
    others for sure.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. how many friends & family can we invite?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nola you will find something. You highly underrate your own talent and creativity.
    I think as many as you want. the bean tree would be staffing the place for us so of course the better the turn out is the better it is for them too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Nicole, for setting this up. I'm excited and a little nervous. I voted for the 28th, but June 4th also works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. May 21st is the long weekend and not sure what my plans are at this point. I am planning to go to the coast again in June so the 28th appears to work the best for me, or the 21st if we are here. Nola can attest to the thrill and nervousness of live performance/spoken words pieces from 'A Lillith Affair' which was very positive from what I experienced (Oh, be still my beating heart!!!) Count me in and I am willing to 'rehearse' with anyone if that is helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in for rehearsing, and maybe some discussion about material.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When's a good time for you to rehearse etc. Susan? I have Fridays off or am done by 2:30 on Tues./Wed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm. I need to figure out what I want to read first. I think I'd like to rehearse a little closer to the date, I'd like to get some feedback at the next meeting about what I've presented so far, and figure out a date for rehearsing then - how does that sound? I'm not procrastinating, really, I always have sweaty palms and a nervous giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can only make it on the 21st as I'm out of town on the 28th and 4th...Don

    ReplyDelete