Monday, June 14, 2010

Zen writing

Like the new look!

I got the following email from Kuya (Zen Writing). This sounds like fun - wish the summer wasn't so busy! If anyone is interested, please let me know.


Hi Susan,
I appreciate your effort at looking for grants. Not much money out there for the arts these days.
Do you think your group would be interested in coming to Creston for a weekend workshop? Tenting at Luanne Armstrong's farm, workshop in a screened deck looking out on Kootenay Lake. I would teach Writing Practice in the early morning and in the evening; Luanne would teach a class between breakfast and lunch. Afternoons would be free for swimming, reading, writing etc.
We haven't set a date yet, but I envision it starting at 7:00 on a Friday night and ending at noon on Sunday. Meals would be included. Check with your interested people and see what they say.
Kuya

3 comments:

  1. Let me know what days and I will definitely consider. This sounds awesome. It might make a good end-of-summer/reflective weekend - a good start to the new writing season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer's pretty booked for us but let's get some date options and see what works for those interested! Sounds delightful...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My summer is a little crazy too. I asked if they could do it in early fall and they agreed, as long as it's early September because the nights will get too cold later. I think it sounds like fun. We can talk about it more on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete