Tuesday, March 2, 2010

March Meeting Recap


Writing Group: More fun than it looks!

Christine facilitated the March 2nd meeting and we were accompanied by three new ladies. Welcome Tara, Heather, and Linda. We hope to see you at all of the meetings.

We were warmed up with an excellent exercise that caught Christine's interest from writing down the bones. Ten random nouns in one column and fifteen verbs that were associated with an occupation in the opposite column. The task was to see if creative sentences could be inspired by taking one from each column. This was a fantastic exercise and I think I'm in good company saying that it is something I think I'll use again.

This week's assignment was to write on a cooking experience and, of course, we all brought something unique to the table (haha).

We revisited pasts near and far, were swept away by poetry and creative shorts. All in all I feel honored to be surrounded by such a creative raw group.

Lots of talk about one or more possible workshops. When this does become finalized details will be available here on the blog.

Next meeting is Tuesday March 16 and our facilitator Mike has asked us to focus on dialogue. Conflict and resolution within this dialogue are to be the goal. Length is whatever you can read in ten minutes or less.

Great work tonight everyone. Hope to see some more articles, writing, links, anything here on the blog to keep the creative juices flowing until next time.

2 comments:

  1. The sun is turning pink as I sit in my old flannel housecoat, mug of tea in hand. The writer's group was fun last night! I miss my old one and the chance to hear other's scritch scratchings of pen on paper and sharing after. I craved Eggs benedict after Margaret's 'Brunch For One', got to reminisce about England and curries with Michael's offering, laugh at the image of the 5 kids scraping out the caked on oven and appreciated all the rest as well. I hope it was OK to share on my first time there! Looking forward to getting feedback on pieces dusted off again for the publishing road, it's been awhile. Anyway, just wanted to say what a neat evening to be a part of and I look forward to getting to know folks through their words and around the town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather your work was an absolute delight. So glad you enjoyed the group. We hope we you can find room in your heart for a new one.
    The group is as much yours as it is mine and everyones; your contributions to the meetings and this blog are appreciated and each perspective makes all our experiences richer.

    ReplyDelete