Monday, March 8, 2010

Well, we did discover a new favourite place to hike around Wycliffe with a breath-taking vantage point and had to go back due to my spontaneous shedding of all attire on the mountain top, watch included, which I promptly forgot and had to go back the next day to find. Needless to say the watch was found, but no writing was done. Thinking of your reflections Nicole. There is natural drama found in relationships past or present which can be natural resources to tap into when building characters or plot ideas and act as general jump-off places for your writing. That is why we live in this global community..it all starts out with the intimate networks created in our own relational backyard...the guts and the glory of people's lives as they unfold before us. There has been much drama in my life but I can understand why you may feel conflicted using the drama in your former relationships when that is not part of your own personal scenario. Write what you know it has been said and even though the kind of stuff these folks are experiencing isn't part of your reality, it can still be tapped. Just thoughts here...

1 comment:

  1. It's one of my very favourite spots. I love it up there. I've been calling it the Butte, I don't really know what it's called.
    Thanks for the additional insight Heather. I'm beginning to think that this is what our job as writers is. To be inspired with what's around us and communicate this to whoever may want to listen. We are all richer for it.

    ReplyDelete