Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Workshops in the works.....

I am almost done filling out 3 of the 4 grant applications. I am working on grants for the following workshops: Zen Writing Workshop (April 15-17, 2011), Writing Workshop with Luanne Armstrong, A Sense of Place (Oct 15-17, 2010) and Writing with Simon Rose: A weekend of Science Fiction, Fantasy and Mystery (Nov 20, 21, 2010). I am going to try to drop them off on Thursday. If anyone has any questions for comments, you have a few days to make them..... I spoke with the Vancouver-based illustrator, Stefan Czernecki, about coming to Kimberley, and he had one stipulation - it couldn't be in the winter. So I am going to apply for a grant for him to come in August. I am applying for a grant in a different category - mentoring - for this workshop. It will be more visually oriented (children's book illustration), but I'm sure it will be fascinating.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Susan -- sounds great! Did you mean April workshop would be next year 2011? I hope Stefan does come in August . See you tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to take all of them. Just to repeat Joanne - is it really in 2011?

    ReplyDelete